Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Ask The Expert" on Cisco NetPro Forum

Sorry I didn't post any new article lately.

I'll host a "Ask The Expert" event on Cisco NetPro forum June 8 - June 12.

For those new to the forum, "Ask The Expert" is a periodic event that the subject matter expert (SME) would answer questions on a specific topic (such as licensing, contact center, video conferencing, etc.). Of course, I'll be answering questions on CUPS/CUPC and presence-related questions. Bring your toughest questions! :)

Though I cannot guarantee every question be answered immediately, I'll make sure they get to the right people.

We believe Unified Communication will make our life better (though the process of deploying it might make your life tougher... LOL)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    Love your posts.

    Do you have any links where I can get some guide/description on what SDL traces mean ?

    I am trying to make some sense of the debug logs. So I just need some place where I can get the description. I don't have the luxury of creating scenarios and comparing the logs.

    Does you CUPS book have some leads on making sense of this traces?

    Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's a Cisco class called "Advanced SDL tracing" or something like that.

    But IMHO, SDI trace should be sufficient for regular troubleshooting unless you're dealing some very complicated call flows (or bugs).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any resources for SDI traces?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got the book

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book is really good! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like it. I'll work on 2nd Edition soon. Will include the updated version of Sametime plugin, CUCIMOC, click-to-call widget, etc.

    ReplyDelete